- ALLERGIES Seafood, Shellfish & Nuts are not permitted in the school due to life threatening allergies. These allergies may be triggered by ingesting, by coming into direct contact with or even triggered by smell. Please be mindful of foods that may have come in contact through cross-contamination with any of the above such as sushi, peanuts, cookies & baked goods, sauces and packaged items labeled “may contain nuts”.
- DOG ALLERGIES We also have students that are allergic to dogs so would ask that all dogs please remain outside of the school. If you wish to bring your dog up to the patio, please tie him/her up in an area away from the front door. Thank you!
- PARENT ED NIGHT Come join us for an informative evening on Mon, Sept 24th from 6:00-8:00pm. We will be hosting a Silent Journey and discussion for all parents covering the Montessori Method from birth to 12 years of age. Please RSVP to Jeanne at [email protected]. Limited childcare will be available for North Star children between the ages of 30 months to 12 years. Registration is required and closes at noon on Fri, Sept 21st. There will be no late registration due to setup.
- COMMUNITY AMBASSADORS A reminder that the parent socials will be held this Sat, Sept 22nd. Would you please bring a small photo of your child/children that you can wear with your name tag. If you have not heard from your Community Ambassador please advise Jeanne asap.
- PARENT ED SPEAKER Squamish Montessori School would like to invite you to an evening with Trevor Eissler, a “Montessori Mad Man” and author of Montessori Madness. Trevor is a Montessori advocate who speaks “parent to parent”, delivering an engaging and passionate talk about the benefits of Montessori education for your child. Please see poster on the office bulletin board for further information and details on date and time.
- USBORNE BOOK SALE will take place on Thurs, Sept 27th. Please check posters throughout the school for further details.
- PARKING IN CUL-DE-SAC A new school year has started and with that, the challenge of finding a parking space at drop-off and pick-up. Please remember to keep the area at the end of the cul-de-sac clear so that vehicles are able to turn around safely. Please also remember to park legally (please check signage) and as close as you can to the vehicle in front to ensure maximum space is available for the next vehicle. The underground parking at the North Shore Winter Club is also available as an option.
- SIGN-IN and OUT A reminder to parents to please sign-out your child at the front desk when picking them up early.
- FAMILY WORKSHOPS Mariana Calleros will be hosting Family Workshops beginning in October. Please see the attached Family Workshop flyer for more information.
- TERRY FOX RUN The Upper & Lower Elementary students will be participating in a Terry Fox run on Fri, Sept 28th. Please have your child bring a minimum $2 donation and wear comfortable clothes & running shoes.
- AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS Two new After School Programs will be starting in October and November respectively. Year 3-6 Destination Imagination – starting Fri, Oct 12th and Year 1-6 Clayworks starting Thurs, Nov 8th. Watch for registration forms and deadlines in next weeks Weekly Memo.