- HEAD OF SCHOOL ABSENCE Tiffany, who has been serving on Ministry of Education Teams for the past four years, will be away next week on a Ministry of Education External Evaluation Team. This involves investigating and reporting on two BC schools to ensure that they are meeting the Ministry and Independent School expectations for safety, teacher qualifications, curriculum, reporting and policies & procedures. All independent schools must have a successful External Evaluation every four years in order to be eligible to receive government funding.
- FUNDRAISER Mark your calendars!!! Fri, Nov 16th will be North Star’s annual fundraising event. It will be held at the Mosquito Creek Bar & Grill and feature a “wine wall” and “silent auction” as well as a live musical performance by The Hot Mamma’s! Watch for details coming soon!
- AGM & PARENT SOCIAL will take place the evening of Thurs, Oct 18th. Further details to follow.
- PICK UP REMINDER We would like to remind parents to speak quietly to one another while waiting in the hallway at pick-up. In addition, we would like to also remind parents to stay with your Casa child at all times and reinforce quite voices, walking and care of personal belongings, both in the hallway and the coatroom. As adults, we are the role models and children are looking to us for cues regarding appropriate behaviour.
- ALLERGIES Seafood, Shellfish & Nuts are not permitted in the school due to life threatening allergies. These allergies may be triggered by ingesting, by coming into direct contact with or even triggered by smell. Please be mindful of foods that may have come in contact through cross-contamination with any of the above such as sushi, peanuts, cookies & baked goods, sauces and packaged items labeled “may contain nuts”. We have attached an Allergy Safe Foods list to help give you some lunch ideas.
- PARENT ED SPEAKER Squamish Montessori School would like to invite you to an evening with Trevor Eissler, a “Montessori Mad Man” and author of Montessori Madness. Trevor is a Montessori advocate who speaks “parent to parent”, delivering an engaging and passionate talk about the benefits of Montessori education for your child. Please see poster on the office bulletin board for further information and details on date and time.
- PARKING IN CUL-DE-SAC A new school year has started and with that, the challenge of finding a parking space at drop-off and pick-up. Please remember to keep the area at the end of the cul-de-sac clear so that vehicles are able to turn around safely. Please also remember to park legally (please check signage) and as close as you can to the vehicle in front to ensure maximum space is available for the next vehicle. The underground parking at the North Shore Winter Club is also an option.
- SIGN-IN and OUT A reminder to parents to please sign-out your child at the front desk when picking them up early.
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS are due this Fri, Sept 28th. If you would like to submit an order please place it in the folder on the office bulletin board by the end of the day on Friday.
- FAMILY WORKSHOPS Mariana Calleros will be hosting Family Workshops in November and December. Please see the attached Family Workshop flyer for more information. If you are interested in registering, please see Jeanne at the front office.
- FREE DRESS DAY A reminder that tomorrow Fri, Sept 28th is Free Dress Day when students will not be required to wear a uniform but be free to choose what they wear to school. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair. Hats and gloves are not permitted in the classroom.
- TERRY FOX RUN The Upper & Lower Elementary students will be participating in a Terry Fox run tomorrow Fri, Sept 28th. Please have your child bring a minimum $2 donation and wear comfortable clothes & running shoes.
- AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS Two new After School Programs will be starting soon. Please see Destination Imagination and Clay Pottery for registration forms. The due dates for registration are Wed, Oct 3rd (Destination Imagination) and Mon, Oct 15th (Clay Pottery).
- SCHOOL UNIFORMS A reminder as the weather gets cooler that blue, white or black tights & leggings are permitted under skirts & dresses.