- PARENT SOCIAL Reminder that the annual Parent Social is tomorrow evening (Fri, Sept 23rd) from 7-10pm. Please see the attached Parent Social Invitation for details and directions. Tiffany and the Board of Directors look forward to seeing everyone who RSVP’d for the event!
- FUN & FABULOUS FRIDAY FUNDRAISING FEATURE This year, the year 6 & 7 students are participating in the Montessori Model United Nations Program in New York City. They are aiming to raise $20,000 by the beginning of April. As part of their fundraising efforts, they are having a Fun & Fabulous Friday Fundraising Feature each week. This week’s feature is; BANANA BERRY BLAST SMOOTHIES! Cost: $3.00, Times: 11:30- 11:45 and 3:00- 3:30. Parents and children alike can bring $3.00 and support the fundraising efforts of the students. (These smoothies are dairy-free)
- USBORNE BOOK FAIR Last year this event was a huge hit! Through our purchases we earned the school almost $500 worth of gorgeous books and each classroom was able to receive all 10 wish list books! So we’re doing it again on Thurs, Sept 29th between 8:00am and 3:30pm. For those of you who are not already familiar with Usborne, these books are extremely high in quality, value and selection and make excellent additions to your home library or are stunning as gifts (think Christmas). Their titles cover an array of non-fiction subjects (science, nature, history, language) that are internet linked as well as tons of illustrated fiction, activity books, early readers and goodies for babies too! Careful parents – you will fall in love with these books! Just a few notes: *The teachers will be posting theirWish Lists outside their classrooms so families who are interested can purchase books to donate outright. Please write your child’s name next to the book you wish to donate on the teacher’s list. Donated books will be decorated with a placard inside acknowledging the donor family. *ALSO make sure you inform us at the time of order that you are donating that title so we don’t order it twice with the funds raised!! *I highly recommend you spend a few moments looking through their selection beforehand as there is just so much to choose from. If you or your child has an idea of titles of interest you can fill out a form before the fair (at Jeanne’s desk) or just have your list ready and we will process it on the day. This will save you some waiting time at the fair. I will leave 3 catalogues at Jeanne’s desk to sign out for a day (or if you have a spare moment just leaf through at the desk). If you are a screen person click on ‘browse’ at www.kidsbookmart.com/ to peruse books online. *Books will be delivered to the school 2 weeks after the order date and will be distributed to each family. *Feel free to invite grandparents or friends to stop by or add to your order, the more we purchase the more enriched our school library becomes! *ALSO don’t forget to enter your name into the draw to win a FREE BOOK. See you at the Fair! Rebecca (Meelah’s Mum)
- SCHOLASTIC BOOKS Reminder that Scholastic Book orders are due tomorrow- Friday, Sept 23rd. Orders are submitted into the Scholastic Book pocket located on the bulletin board in the front office.
- PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT We will be holding the first of our Parent Education evenings on Mon, Sept 26th. It is for all Casa and Kindergarten parents and is entitled “Silent Journey & Discovery”. The Silent Journey is a workshop that gives parents an opportunity to experience the Montessori Education they have chosen for their child. For more information and to register for attendance and childcare please see sign up on the office bulletin board by the end of day tomorrow (FRIDAY). PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDCARE IS FOR NORTH STAR STUDENTS ONLY.
- TERRY FOX RUN Last week the Elementary students participated in the Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. A total of $115.50 was raised.