- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Reminder that school begins on Wed, Sept 7th for all Elementary students (Years 1-7) and returning Casa and Extended-Day K students.
- AID TO LIFE Christie’s very popular Aid to Life Infant-Toddler Education classes will begin again on Sept 12th! Please feel free to spread the word to friends and family about this wonderful program but remember to register early and avoid disappointment. Please see the attached ATLE Parent Child Program Flyer and ATLE Registration Sept 2011 for further information.
- UNIFORM SALE We will be holding our Uniform Sale on Fri, Sept 16th. Donations of gently used uniform items will be collected from Sept 12-15. Parents may purchase items at the sale held before drop off and after pick-up on Sept 16th.
- PARENT SOCIAL Tiffany and the Board of Directors would like to invite you to our annual Parent Social on Fri, Sept 23rd. Please see the attached Parent Social Invitation for RSVP details and driving directions.
- PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT We will be holding the first of our Parent Education evenings on Mon, Sept 26th for all Casa parents.
- USBORNE BOOK FAIR will take place on Thurs, Sept 29th. Please check back for more information closer to the Book Fair date.
- STUDENT and PARENT DROP-IN will be held for all Casa (including Extended-Day K) on Tues, Sept 6th from 9:30-10:00am.
- PARENT INFO SESSION will be held for all Casa (including Extended-Day K) parents on Tues, Sept 6th from 4:00-5:00pm. At least one parent must attend to obtain information regarding the upcoming academic year. Childcare is not available for this information session.
- GRADUAL ENTRY New students, please remember to check your individual Gradual Entry Schedule for your child’s start times.
- PARENT INFO SESSION will be held for all Elementary parents on Tues, Sept 6th from 4:00-5:00pm. At least one parent must attend to obtain information regarding the upcoming academic year. Childcare is not available for this information session.
- OUTDOOR SCHOOL Reminder that signed permissions slips for Outdoor School are due back at the Parent Info Session on Tues, Sept 6th. Please complete the revised Camp Latona Permission Form and return to the school on Sept 6th.
- MOUNTAIN BIKING The Years 4-7 will be mountain biking for PE on Tuesdays & Thursdays from Sept 13th to Sept 29th. Please ensure your child brings a bike in good repair, the appropriate riding gear and a properly fitted bike helmet.
- TERRY FOX RUN On Friday, Sept 16th the Elementary students will be participating in the Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. Terry Fox is a Canadian hero who persevered throughout tremendous obstacles. His story is one that we hope will inspire the students to tackle their own challenges throughout the year. Elementary students will run or walk a set course from 10:00 to 11:00am and then enjoy a hot dog lunch. Students are asked to bring a minimum $2 donation for the cause. Please ensure that the children are dressed appropriately for the weather with proper footwear.