- PARENT WORKSHOP Reminder of the Parent Workshop “Because No One Was Born A Parent” taking place Sat, Sept 20th from 9:00am to 4:00pm. This day is mandatory for at least one parent of all Casa and Kindergarten students. Childcare will be provided for North Star students 30 months and older that have pre-registered. Children registered for childcare will need a bag lunch. The workshop will be taking place in the Jim Graham Room of the North Shore Winter Club and childcare will be with Katie in the After School Care room. Please arrive in enough time to drop off your child and be seated just before 9:00am. Lunch will be provided for workshop participants.
- AFTER SCHOOL PATIO Please remember to clear the outside patio immediately following dismissal at 11:30am, 3:00 and 3:15pm. As this is a licensing requirement it will be strictly enforced. Thank you for your co-operation.
- ANNUAL CALENDAR Attached please find the revised 2014-15 Annual Calendar. Any changes have been highlighted in red.
- PARENT PHONE CALLS Phone calls from the teachers for NEW Casa students to North Star will take place Tues, Oct 7th to Fri, Oct 10th. Calls will be approximately 15 minutes in length. Parents can sign-up on the bulletin board outside of the main office starting next week.
KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will be participating in Co-operative Games in-house next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will be participating in Skills and Drills in-house on Tuesday and hiking on Thursday. Please complete the attached waiver and permission form and submit to the front office on or before Mon, Sept 22nd.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will continue with biking for PE next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PARENT DISCOVERY is scheduled for Tues, Sept 23rd from 6:30-7:30pm. The sign-up sheet for attendance and childcare is posted on the office bulletin board. An email with details has been sent to all LE parents.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is Fri, Sept 26th. This year students may donate a minimum of $1.00 to their teacher upon entering the classroom first thing in the morning to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform. We will be donating proceeds to DEBRA as well as the ALS Foundation. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair.