- SPUD FUNDRAISING This year North Star is participating in the Spud Fundraising Program. This is a great way to have fresh local, organic produce delivered straight to your home or office and 25% of sales from the organic produce boxes will be donated to North Star! Please see the attached Spud flyer for details and promo code and don’t forget to order from the SPUD Fundraising page as these are the participating boxes.
- INFANT & TODDLER Registration is now open for our January & April sessions. There are still a few spots left in both the infant & toddler classes. Attached please find the application form. Feel free to send it to friends & family!
- ALLERGY ALERT Please note that we are a nut free school (with the exception of almonds). Please see attached flyer for further information. These flyers are also posted on bulletin boards throughout the school.
- FEATURE FAMILY SHEETS A reminder for all new families to please complete and submit your Feature Family Sheet. Please see Jeanne if you need a new one.
- NORTH STAR BLOG Sign-up for the North Star Blog by email or RSS feed by visiting the North Star Montessori website. Blogs about the Terry Fox Run, International Day of Peace and the Elementary fieldtrip to the Britannia Mine Museum have already been posted!
- THANKSGIVING Reminder that Mon, Oct 10th is Thanksgiving Monday. School will not be in session.
- PRO D DAY Reminder that Fri, Oct 21st is a Pro D Day. School will not be in session.
- BLACK & ORANGE DAY is scheduled for Mon, Oct 31st. To ensure that there is no confusion (or tears) on this fun day, we have outlined expectations below:
- Students are invited to wear black and/or orange coloured clothing to school.
- Halloween costumes are not permitted.
- In keeping with our Healthy Foods Policy and out of respect for parents who choose not to give their child sweets, we would like to remind you to please leave all candy and sweets at home.
- ONLINE PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAM Every Casa family should have now received a gift certificate in their family pocket for the online Montessori parents support program “Seeing your Child the Montessori Way”. This is a great platform to ask parenting questions! For more information and a direct link please see the attached information sheet to register and get started!
- EXTENDED-DAY KINDERGARTEN PE The Extended-day K students will be participating in Sportball for PE next week.
- HIGH TOUCH HIGH TECH The High Touch High Tech scientist will be here with their “Magnet Makers” Workshop Wed, Oct 12th.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The Lower El students will be golfing for PE next week. Please sign and return the attached permission form on or before 8:30am Tues, Oct 11th. We still require a parent volunteer for Oct 11th. Please email Jeanne if you can help out from 12:25-3:15pm.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The Upper El students will be golfing for PE next week. Please sign and return the attached permission form on or before 8:30am Tues, Oct 11th.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PHOTO WORKSHOP The Upper El students will be taking a photography workshop with Cecile on Fridays throughout October.
- MMUN An email was sent yesterday to all Year 6 parents regarding the MMUN Grad Trip. If you did not receive this email please let us know.
- CAMP SUMMIT The Upper & Lower Elementary students will be travelling to Camp Summit on Mon, Oct 17th. Please complete the attached acknowledgement of risk and medical form and submit to the front office on or before Tues, Oct 11th. Please have your child at North Star for 7:20am on this day as the bus will be departing at 7:30am. They will travel to Camp Summit via First Student Bus Lines returning to North Star at approximately 3:00pm. Please ensure that your child brings a bag lunch and a refillable water bottle. Although it is not a scheduled PE day, students should wear their PE uniform as they will be participating in physical activities at the camp. In addition, please dress for the weather as they will be outside all day.