- PARENT DISCOVERY NIGHT Mark your calendars for Tues, Oct 17th from 6:30-8:00pm when we welcome back Sharon Selby to North Star! Sharon will be speaking on “Managing Power Struggles through the Toddler to Tween Years”. The sign-up sheet will be posted on the office bulletin board tomorrow.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS for the Annual General Meeting and Parent Social taking place on Wed, Oct 25th. All families are encouraged to attend!
- PICTURE DAY for those students that were away is scheduled for Mon, Oct 16th.
- THE CARD PROJECT We will be taking part in the Card Project again this year so if you’re looking for Christmas cards or gifts this is a great opportunity! Each student will submit one piece of artwork that can then be turned into cards or notebooks for purchase. All orders will be delivered to the school by the end of November in plenty of time to mail to out of town friends & relatives.
- MOUNT SEYMOUR FUNDRAISER TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! Don’t miss out on the tremendous savings of the early bird deal and the free pass reciprocal mountain deal which exceeds the cost of your actual pass! This year we have partnered with Mount Seymour and 15% of the purchase price for any season pass will go back to North Star! If you are planning to purchase an Adult, Youth or Family pass simply login to http://mtseymour.ca/group-sales. The username is NORTHSTAR and the password is NSTARSEY17 (please make sure to use all upper case). Early bird rates are available until Oct 15th! (Note that the Upper Elementary students will receive a free season pass in January through the PE program at North Star. If they already have a pass they can receive a free lesson instead.
- FEATURE FAMILY SHEET Reminder for new families to complete and return your Feature Family Sheet for posting on the office bulletin board. This is a great way for members of the North Star Community to get to know you.
- ASC DROP-INS To maintain consistency as we transition new staff and establish a new routine for the After School Care program, drop-ins will be unavailable until Wed, Nov 1st.
- AFTER SCHOOL CARE FACILITATOR Karla’s last day will be Tues, Oct 10th. She has taken a full time position elsewhere and we wish her the best of luck in her new role. We are currently interviewing candidates to fill this position and will send out an announcement when we have hired someone. In the meantime, After School Care will be covered by North Star staff.
- THANKSGIVING Reminder of the Thanksgiving holiday on Mon, Oct 9th. School will not be in session.
- PRO D DAY is scheduled for Fri, Oct 20th. School will not be in session.
Please see “All” families section and check back next week for Casa specific information!
- EXTENDED-DAY PE The Extended-day students will have dance at the NSWC for PE next week.
- FSA’S We will be administering the FSA’s to the Year 4 & 7 students beginning Oct 17th through the end of the month. If you have any questions please contact Katy through the classroom email.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will play Sportball for PE next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will have dance at the NSWC for PE next week. The Year 7 students will hike Quarry Rock on Tuesday and will be in class with Christie Thursday reviewing for the upcoming FSAs. Please complete and submit the attached Quarry Rock permission form on or before 8:30am Tues, Oct 10th.
- YEAR 7 FIELDTRIP The Year 7 students will be going to see “Terra and Beyond” with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Chris Hadfield & Danny Michel tomorrow Fri, Oct 6th.
- CAMP SUMMIT The Lower & Upper Elementary students head to Camp Summit for the day on Fri, Oct 13th. Please mark your calendars as the bus will be departing from North Star at 7:30am sharp! Please see email sent earlier today for further details.