- AMBASSADOR PARENT SOCIALS We will be hosting two Ambassador Parent Socials on Wed, Oct 9th in the Cedar Room. The morning session is from 8:15-9:00am and the afternoon session is from 12:30-1:00pm. Please join us for coffee, snacks and a chance to connect with other North Star parents!
- WEALTHY SCHOOL REVOLUTION (WSR) The next order cut-off date is Wed, Oct 9th to be delivered Oct 17th.
- RAFFLE & SILENT AUCTION ITEMS Our Fundraising team has been busy preparing for this year’s North Star Fundraisers! As part of our efforts, each family will be receiving an information letter, vendor letter and donation request form in their family pocket by end of day tomorrow. Please let Tiffany or Maria know if you have any questions. Happy Fundraising!
- NORTH STAR’S BLOG Don’t forget to check out the Blog section of our website. You may also subscribe to the RSS feed just as you do with the Weekly Memo. Simply click on the “Blog” icon and then “subscribe via RSS feed”.
- FAMILY POCKETS Please remember to check your family pocket on a daily basis so that you don’t miss anything important!
- NON-INSTRUCTIONAL DAY is Fri, Oct 11th. Class will not be in session.
- THANKSGIVING is Mon, Oct 14th. Class will not be in session
- PHOTO DAY is Wed, Oct 16th. A notice will be placed in your family pocket next week.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING is scheduled for Mon, Oct 21st. At least one parent from each family should attend. Please mark your calendars – details to follow.
- STUDENT INDEPENDENCE In an effort to teach independence, we ask that you please dress your child in clothing that they can easily put on and take off. Elastic waist pants are best for younger children so that they may have independence in the washroom too!
- CASA PARENT PHONE CALLS Reminder to check your scheduled time. The purpose of these calls is to let you know how your child’s transition in the program is going. To be respectful of other parents/teacher’s time, the 15 minute length will be strictly adhered to. Tip: consider ahead of time what you would like to discuss should you have any specific concerns or questions.
- KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will continue with dance classes at Perform Art Studios.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is scheduled for tomorrow Fri, Oct 4th. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 towards DEBRA (into the jar at the front desk) to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair. Hats and gloves are not permitted in the classroom.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will continue with Flicka Gymnastics.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will be taking part in skills & drills next week.
- PARENT OBSERVATIONS We will begin booking parent observations on Mon, Oct 7th. Observations are scheduled for 20 minutes on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9:00-10:00am. We encourage all parents to book at least one observation throughout the year.