- This week there will be no Friday Feature. Instead there will be a MIRACULOUS, MERRY MONDAY FEATURE !!!!!!!! Because indeed this Mon, Oct 24th is United Nations Day! ( The U.N`s birthday). And there is no better way to celebrate this WONDERFUL day than with CAKE BALLS! The cost will be $3.00 per ball. Selling times: half-day children & families from 11:15-11:30. Full day children & families from 3:15-3:30. Keep an eye out for information on the upcoming Year 6 & 7’s first Monthly Feature: Halloween Movie Madness on Fri, Oct 28th from 3:45-5:30. Thank you and enjoy your cake. The Year 6 & 7s.
- PRO D DAY Reminder that tomorrow Fri, Oct 21st is a Pro D Day. School will not be in session.
- PICTURE DAY is coming on Wed, Oct 26th. Please ensure that you read the flyer placed in your family pocket for all the details including clothing choice.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING The Annual General Meeting will take place at 6:00pm on Wed, Oct 26th. A Notice of AGM with further information has been sent to all families via email. Please see Jeanne if you have any questions or would like another copy of the Notice of AGM.
- AID TO LIFE Our ever popular Aid to Life’s Session II will be starting up the first week of November and runs until Christmas Break. Our wonderful Facilitator, Christie Stanford would be happy to give tours to any interested families before they register. Please see the attached Program Flyer and Registration Form for further information. Register early! You do not want to miss out on this incredible opportunity for stimulating healthy brain development!
- WITCHES & WIZARDS DAY Out of Uniform day is scheduled for Fri, Oct 28th. Reminder to parents that a full costume is not necessary or expected as we know that many children have had their costumes organized since last Halloween. A witches or wizards hat, wand, cape or even just a black and/or orange clothing item would be more than suitable to participate in this day. Please remember – no masks or anything that alters your child’s facial appearance.
- HALLOWEEN Reminder that Mon, Oct 31st is a regular day for our school and students come dressed in their school uniforms (Elementary) and regular clothes (Kindergarten & Preschool).
- ATHLETIC SHOE DONATIONS Once again this year, Kim Gordon will be collecting and donating used athletic shoes that will in turn be recycled into material to build playgrounds. A donation box will be placed in the lobby at the front office on Mon, Oct 24th. Please bring in any clean, “rubber soled” running shoes for recycling. All donations must be actual athletic/running shoes – no boots, flip flops or regular shoes can be used. Kim will collect all donations on Fri, Oct 28th.
- EXTENDED DAY K PE The Extended Day K students will continue with Yoga on Tues/Thurs . Please ensure that your child brings a yoga mat and water bottle.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE children will be Bowling on Tues/Thurs.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE children will continue with Dance in the Jim Graham room on Tues/Thurs.
- BIKING FOR THE UN It is United Nations Day on Mon, Oct 24th and the Year 6 & 7 students will be “Biking for the UN”. Reminder to please bring your bike, helmet and appropriate clothing for the weather.
- PASTA DAY! On Thurs, Oct 27th the Lower Elementary class will be preparing farfalle pasta with pesto cream sauce. If your child would like to eat this meal with us, please sign up on the poster outside the Arbutus classroom and bring $3.00 by the morning of Wed, Oct 26th.