- MONTESSORI MODEL UNITED NATIONS The Year 6 students will be participating in the MMUN again this year in March 2015. Their first fundraiser will be a bake sale in conjunction with this month’s Moja Monday. Baked goods will be sold at morning drop-off for $.50-$3.00. All proceeds go toward the trip. Stay tuned for more information about this exciting experience as details unfold about which country North Star is representing at the United Nations in New York City!
- MOJA MONDAY is scheduled for Mon, Oct 6th! Maria will be in our lobby with her delicious Moja coffee to help start your day. Of course there will also be bags for purchase as part of our classroom materials fundraiser. Enjoy!
- PARENT EDUCATION CORNER A Parent Education Corner has been set up at the school entrance, right beside Jeanne’s desk. We hope this will become an important source of information for all, and we invite you to visit it often. In “the Corner” you will find a number of information resources including books & articles, as well as coloured boxes for you to submit any questions you may have about Montessori education, parenting issues, child development or questions in regard to things discussed at Parent Discovery Nights. Please visit the North Star Blog for more information about how you can utilize or contribute to this resource. Thanks, Silvina Moscato.
- PARENT SOCIAL Reminder that the parent social is taking place this Sat, Oct 4th at 7:00pm in the Seniors’ Lounge at the North Shore Winter Club. Have fun!
- RAIN CLOTHES & CHANGE OF CLOTHES Now that the rainy season is upon us and students go outside each day, rain or shine, please remember to send your child to school in the appropriate rain clothes (jacket, pants & footwear). Please also remember to have a spare change of clothes in your child’s cubby/locker as it makes for a much more comfortable afternoon for those that do happen to be caught without the proper gear.
- PHOTO DAY Reminder that individual photos will be taken here at the school on Wed, Oct 15th.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Please note that the date for our AGM has been changed from Wed, Oct 22nd to Mon, Nov 24, 2014. The revised Annual Calendar has been posted to our website.
- PARENT PHONE CALLS Phone calls from the teachers for NEW Casa students to North Star will be taking place Tues, Oct 7th to Fri, Oct 10th. Calls will be approximately 15 minutes in length. The sign-up sheet will be posted on the office bulletin board until Fri, Oct 3rd.
KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will be having PE in-house next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will be having Fun Day for PE next Tuesday and then taking Flicka Gymnastics starting on Thursday. Please sign the attached permission form and submit to the front office by Mon, Oct 6th.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will be taking Dance for PE next week. Please sign the attached permission form and submit to the front office by Mon, Oct 6th.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is tomorrow Fri, Oct 3rd. This year students may donate a minimum of $1.00 to their teacher upon entering the classroom first thing in the morning to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform. We will be donating proceeds to DEBRA as well as the ALS Foundation. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair.
- AFTER SCHOOL ART A reminder for those that have registered, that the After School Art program begins tomorrow Fri, Oct 3rd.