- FUN AND FABULOUS FRIDAY FUNDRAISING FEATURE Due to WE Day, this week’s Fun and Fabulous Friday Fundraising Feature is post-poned.
- PATIO REMINDER Just a reminder that, due to our licensing requirements, the outside patio needs to remain clear at all times. Please ensure that your children do not play in this area after school. Thanks!
- PRO D DAY We have a Pro D Day on Fri, Oct 21st. School will not be in session.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING The Annual General Meeting will take place at 6:00pm on Wed, Oct 26th. A Notice of AGM with further information has been sent to all families via email. Please see Jeanne if you have any questions or would like another copy of the Notice of AGM.
- WITCHES & WIZARDS DAY Out of Uniform day is scheduled for Fri, Oct 28th. Reminder to parents that a full costume is not necessary or expected as we know that many children have had their costumes organized since last Halloween. A witches or wizards hat, wand, cape or even just a black and/or orange clothing item would be more than suitable to participate in this day. Please remember – no masks or anything that alters your child’s facial appearance.
- HALLOWEEN Reminder that Mon, Oct 31st is a regular day for our school and students come dressed in their school uniforms (Elementary) and regular clothes (Kindergarten & Preschool).
- EXTENDED DAY K PE The Extended Day K students will continue with Yoga on Tues/Thurs . Please ensure that your child brings a yoga mat and water bottle.
- HIGH TOUCH HIGH TECH The Extended Day K students will have HTHT – Get Buggy science workshop on Wed, Oct 19th.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE children will continue with rock climbing on Tues/Thurs. Please ensure that your child wears securely fitted shoes.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE children will continue with dance in the Jim Graham room on Tues/Thurs.
FREE DRESS DAY is tomorrow – Fri, Oct 14th when students will not be required to wear a uniform but be free to choose what they wear to school. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair. Hats and gloves are not permitted in the classroom.
- PARENT ED NIGHT Elementary parents, please join us on Mon, Oct 17th for an evening of reflection and discussion on the theme of “Independence and the 6-12+ year Old Child at School and at Home. “ We will discuss the meaning and purpose of independence, how we foster independence in the classroom and what parents are doing at home. Please take a few moments to consider the following questions for your answers will greatly contribute to our discussion that evening:
1) What does independence look like to you, as an individual and as a parent?
2) What level of independence do you expect from your child at his/her given age?
3) What opportunities do you or could you provide at home to facilitate the development of independence.
If there is a particular topic that relates to independence that you would like to discuss please submit your query to Brooke, Alexa or Erin prior to Monday night. Sign up sheets are posted on the office bulletin board. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you!