- PARENT DISCOVERY NIGHT Reminder that Tues, Oct 17th from 6:30-8:00pm we welcome Sharon Selby back to North Star. Sharon is an engaging and informative speaker and her talks are always popular. She will be speaking on “Managing Power Struggles through the Toddler to Tween Years” and the sign-up sheet for both attendance and childcare is posted on the office bulletin board. The deadline for sign-up is Mon, Oct 16th.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING A reminder that our Annual General Meeting and Parent Social is scheduled for Wed, Oct 25th. The notice of AGM was distributed via email and family pockets yesterday. All families are encouraged to attend! The deadline to register for childcare is Wed, Oct 18th.
- PICTURE DAY for those students that were away is scheduled for Mon, Oct 16th.
- THE CARD PROJECT We will be taking part in the Card Project again this year and each student has now submitted their artwork which will be turned into cards or notebooks for purchase. Some are winter themed and could be used as holiday greeting cards and others are for more general use. All cards will be available for viewing online through a North Star link on Thurs, Nov 2nd. Orders will be delivered to the school by the end of November in plenty of time to mail to out of town friends & relatives.
- MOUNT SEYMOUR FUNDRAISER TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! Deadline for the Mount Seymour season pass early bird deal with 15% of cost going back to North Star is Sun, Oct 15th. Call (604) 986-2261 and tell them you’re from North Star. (Note that the Upper Elementary students will receive a free season pass in January through the PE program at North Star. If they already have a pass they can receive a free lesson instead.
- ASC DROP-INS To maintain consistency as we transition new staff and establish a new routine for the After School Care program, drop-ins will be unavailable until Wed, Nov 1st.
- AFTER SCHOOL CARE FACILITATOR We are currently interviewing candidates to fill the position of ASC Facilitator and will send out an announcement when we have hired someone. In the meantime, After School Care will continue to be covered by North Star staff.
- PRO D DAY is scheduled for Fri, Oct 20th. School will not be in session.
- FAMILY POCKETS A reminder to please check your hallway family pocket on a regular basis.
- BLACK & ORANGE DAY Mark your calendars for Black & Orange Day on Tues, Oct 31st. To ensure that there is no confusion (or tears) on this fun day, we would like to remind everyone of the following guidelines: students are invited to wear black and/or orange coloured clothing to school; Halloween costumes are not permitted; and, in keeping with our Healthy Foods Policy and out of respect for parents who choose not to give their child sweets, please leave all candy and sweets at home.
- MABEL’S LABELS In need of some laundry, dishwasher and microwave-safe personalized labels? Mabel’s peel and stick labels have recently added North Star Montessori to their list of schools to support our fundraising goals. Simply visit campaigns.mabelslabels.com and choose North Star Montessori (North Vancouver) from the drop-down menu. Great gift ideas for newborns to adults… and birthday loot bag party favours too! There are many styles and products to choose from for school supplies, school uniform, work, camp or sport. Shipping is fast and free! Never lose uniform or lunch box pieces again!
Please see “All” families section and check back next week for Casa specific information!
- EXTENDED-DAY PE The Extended-day students will continue with dance at the NSWC.
- HIGH TOUCH-HIGH TECH the students will participate in the “Get Buggy” workshop with a HTHT scientist on Wed, Oct 18th.
- PIZZA DAY is Wed, Oct 18th.
- FSA’S We will be administering the FSA’s to the Year 4 & 7 students beginning Tues, Oct 17th through the end of the month. If you have any questions please contact Katy through the classroom email.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will play Sportball on Tuesday and have PE in house on Thursday.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will continue with dance at the NSWC.
- PIZZA DAY is Wed, Oct 18th.
- CAMP SUMMIT The Lower & Upper Elementary students head to Camp Summit for the day tomorrow Fri, Oct 13th. Reminder that the bus will be departing from North Star at 7:30am sharp! Please see last week’s email for further details.
- AFTER SCHOOL ART The next session of After School Art will begin on Fri, Oct 27th for those students that registered.