- FRIDAY FEATURE For this week’s Friday Feature we will continue to sell tickets for our “Tis’ the Season Holiday Raffle”. We will be selling five tickets for $10.00 throughout the week at the front desk. The raffle draw will take place on Fri, Nov. 18th. Make your Christmas shopping easy! Some of the great prizes are up to $200 in value! In addition to children’s books, there is a fantastic dog walking package, an AG Hair package and passes to the Mining Museum. All profits will go towards the Year 6&7s UN trip in April. For details, please view a full prize list posted throughout the school. THANK YOU!!!!
- PRO D DAY is tomorrow Thurs, Nov 10th. School will not be in session.
- REMEMBRANCE DAY is Fri, Nov 11th. School will not be in session.
- PORTRAIT ORDER DEADLINE Please return your forms to Jeanne by Mon, Nov 14th if you would like to order your child’s portrait. If you would like re-takes please see Jeanne for details.
- OPEN HOUSE We are hosting an Open House on Wed, Nov 16th from 4:00-7:00pm. If you would be willing to place a magnet on your car advertising the Open House please see Jeanne.
- OUT OF UNIFORM DAY Get out your best flannel jammies and fuzzy slippers because our next special dress up day will be Fri, Nov 18th and it is Pajama Day!
- PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES are coming up on Fri, Nov 25th. Signup sheets are now posted. Please note that there is a separate sign-up sheet for Kindergarten children and then one for Cypress (3&4 yrs) and Sitka (3&4years). Childcare will be provided for North Star students in the After School Care room while you are in your Parent-Teacher Conference.
- PARENT OBSERVATIONS Scheduled parent observations will take place in the new year but we encourage all parents to observe in the classroom periodically throughout the year. At this time, if your child is 4 years and older, we invite you to book a 20 minute observation through Jeanne. Please come in and see the classroom in action before the Parent-Teacher Conference. Spaces are limited so book your observation today!
- SCHOLASTIC ORDERS Back orders are now in. Please see Jeanne if you were waiting for the remainder of your Scholastic order.
- PARENT EDUCATION SPEAKER Dr. Stuart Shanker is coming to West Bay Elementary! On Thurs, Nov 24th from 6:30-8:30pm, Dr. Shanker will speak on self-regulation and “Honouring Our Children’s Spirit”. Please see the attached Shanker Lecture Poster for further information.
- EXTENDED DAY K PE The Extended Day K students will begin Bollywood Dance (Nov 15-Dec 13).
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE children will begin Bollywood Dance (Nov 15-Dec 13).
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE children will finish Dance on Tuesday and begin Fencing on Thursday. Please complete the attached Fencing Permission Slip and Fencing Waiver and return to the office by 8:30am on Mon, Nov 14th.
- YEAR 6 IMMUNIZATIONS If you would like your child to have his/her immunizations on Wed, Nov 16th please advise Jeanne asap. Cut-off for submitting consent forms was Tues, Nov 8th.
- GOING OUT Year 6&7 students will be taking part in a going out on Wed, Nov 16th. They will be visiting a working artist’s studio and receiving art instruction. Please send a large t-shirt that can (and will) get dirty.