- FRIDAY FEATURE This week’s Friday Feature we will be starting to sell tickets for our “Tis’ the Season Holiday Raffle”. We will sell five tickets for $10.00. They can be purchased throughout the week at the front desk starting on Fri, Nov 4th. The raffle draw will take place on Fri, Nov. 18th. Make your Christmas shopping easy! Some of the great prizes are up to $200 in value! All profits will go towards the Year 6&7s UN trip in April. For details, please view a full prize list posted throughout the school. THANK YOU!!!!
- PARENT APPRECIATION DAY and MOJA COFFEE FUNDRAISER LAUNCH Our much anticipated Moja Coffee Fundraiser is starting up again! Please join us at our official launch the morning of Mon, Nov 7th. That’s right! Give your home coffee maker a rest for the day and come enjoy a complimentary cup of delicious Moja coffee here at North Star. You will also find in your family pocket, a Preferred Customer card (for new North Star families), information on the types of coffee that Moja is offering and an order form. This is a fundraising effort that directly impacts your child’s classroom. Coffee bean sales = classroom materials and classroom materials = a prepared and happy learning environment! The order forms and schedule are posted on the office bulletin board. Once you’ve completed your order form, please submit to Jeanne.
- PRO D DAY is Thurs, Nov 10th. School will not be in session.
- REMEMBRANCE DAY is Fri, Nov 11th. School will not be in session.
- OPEN HOUSE We are hosting an Open House on Wed, Nov 16th from 4:00-7:00pm. If you would be willing to place a magnet on your car advertising the Open House please see Jeanne.
- PARENT EDUCATION SPEAKER On Nov 16th and 17th Dr. Daniel Siegel will be in Vancouver for two days of discussion on parenting and child development. Dr. Siegel is a neuropsychiatrist, educator and award-winning author and the Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute. Dr. Siegel participated in the 2009 Vancouver Peace Summit with the Dalai Lama as well as in previous Speakers Series events, including Mindsight: Brain Science and Transformation for You and Your Relationships on May 10 2011. For more information please go to www.dalailamacenter.org.
- OUT OF UNIFORM DAY Get out your best flannel jammies and fuzzy slippers because our next special dress up day will be Fri, Nov 18th and it is Pajama Day!
- PARENT/TEACHER INTERVIEWS are coming up on Fri, Nov 25th. Sign up sheets will be posted on Mon, Nov 14th.
- PARENT OBSERVATIONS Scheduled parent observations will take place in the new year but we encourage all parents to observe in the classroom periodically throughout the year. At this time, if your child is 4 years and older, we invite you to book a 20 minute observation through Jeanne. Prior to the upcoming parent/teacher interviews, please come in and see the classroom in action!
- EXTENDED DAY K PE The Extended Day K students will have Skills & Drills on Tuesday.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE children are taking Health & Safety for PE on Tuesday.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE children will continue with Dance in the Jim Graham room on Tuesday.
- UE ARTS WORKSHOP The UE students will be participating in a Graphic Arts Workshop on Wed, Nov 9th.