- PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES are tomorrow Fri, Nov 25th. Classes are not in session. Childcare will be provided for North Star students in the After School Care room while you are in your Parent-Teacher Conference.
- PORTRAIT RE-TAKES We have made special arrangements for Lifetouch to come to our school for re-takes on Mon, Nov 28th. Please bring your original proofs so that they can scan the bar code. Lifetouch will rush the proofs to us so that we can return them asap in an effort to get the portraits back before Christmas.
- VOW OF SILENCE This Wed, Nov 30th the Upper Elementary class will be taking the Vow of Silence, a fundraising initiative to support the Free the Children Foundation. This is in support of children who are silenced by poverty, illness and exploitation, those who have their right to speak taken away from them. The Vow of Silence will be maintained from 9:00pm on Tues, Nov 29th to 9:00pm on Wed, Nov 30th. The Upper Elementary will refrain from the following: speaking, facebook, phone, twitter, facetime and Skype. They may write notes, use hand gestures and use email. You can support them by donation, joining them, helping your child to plan their day of the Vow of Silence, by asking only yes or no questions and by not making your child laugh. The Upper Elementary’s goal is to raise $200, which will either provide two families with clean drinking water and/or buying classroom supplies for schools in developing countries. Thank You! Sincerely, The Upper Elementary
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is Fri, Dec 2nd when students will not be required to wear a uniform but be free to choose what they wear to school. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair. Hats and gloves are not permitted in the classroom.
- AFTER SCHOOL CHOIR PERFORMANCE Please join us in the Cedar Room on Mon, Dec 5th where the After School Choir will hold a short performance at 4:00pm following their final class. We hope to see you there!
- CHRISTMAS BUREAU As the busy holiday season approaches, please remember those less fortunate in our community. North Star is once again supporting the annual Christmas Bureau’s “Sponsor a Family” program. A bin will be placed outside of the office and a list of donation items will be posted on the office bulletin board for donation week Dec 5th to 9th. Further details to follow!
- FOOD BANK We will be collecting non-perishable items for the local food bank. Items such as nut butters, canned beans and fish and high-protein snacks and soups are most welcome, as are any other non-perishable food items you wish to donate. Thank you for your support!
- HOLIDAY CELEBRATION & ELEMENTARY ART AUCTION Please note that, due to room availability, the date of our Holiday Celebration & Elementary Art Auction has been changed to Thurs, Dec 15th. Please find revised Annual Calendar for your reference. The Celebration will be from 5:30 to 8:00pm and include performances by Casa & Lower Elementary students, a craft table, organized games and the Art Auction put on by the Upper Elementary students to raise money for their upcoming trip to the Montessori Model United Nations Program in New York.
- THANK YOU Dear Parents – Thank you all tremendously for participating in our Holiday Raffle, it has been our biggest fundraiser yet. We have raised approximately $400!! We hope you are all enjoying your prizes. Happy Holidays! The Year 6&7s
- EXTENDED DAY K PE The Extended Day K students will continue with Bollywood Dance.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE children will continue with Bollywood Dance.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE children will continue with Fencing.
- CHILD-PARENT NIGHT We are holding our first Child-Parent Night on Mon, Nov 28th from 6:00-7:00pm for Upper & Lower Elementary families. This is a wonderful opportunity for your child to show you what they’ve been working on in the classroom. To ensure that there is enough space, Lower Elementary families need to sign-up for specific times. The sign-up sheet is posted on the office bulletin board.
- HOT LUNCH On Thur, Dec 1st, some of the Lower Elementary students will be preparing a hot lunch for their classmates. They will be cooking vegetable noodle soup served with bread and butter. If your child would like to enjoy this meal, please bring in $3 by Wed, Nov 30th.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY FIELDTRIP The Lower Elementary students will be going to see “The Wizard of Oz” at Carousel Theatre on Fri, Dec 2nd. Please sign the attached Wizard of Oz Permission Slip and return it to the office by Mon, Nov 28th.