- LYNN VALLEY DAYS Balloons! Noise makers! Flags! The annual Lynn Valley Days Parade is this Sat, May 26th! It is the 100th Lynn Valley Day and the theme is Heritage. North Star will be wearing blue bottoms (skirt, shorts or pants), North Star shirt/sweatshirt or blue/white or gray shirt. Please feel free to dress in 1912 attire that incorporates the Heritage theme! Attached please find the Lynn Valley Parade Route Map. We are Entry #7. Please meet at the parade route at 9:30am sharp. The parade begins at 10:00am followed by games, rides and family fun at Lynn Valley Park. Tomorrow is the final day to sign up on the office bulletin board so let’s show Lynn Valley our North Star community spirit!
- MMUN PRESENTATION The students that participated in the MMUN program in New York would like to invite you to attend a special evening to thank you for your support this year. The presentation will be held in the Jim Graham Room at the North Shore Winter Club from 5:00-6:00 on Tues, June 5th. We have now opened it up to extended family and friends so please RSVP by signing up on the office bulletin board. There are only 80 seats available!
- CLASS PHOTOS & PANORAMA Class photos and panorama (weather permitting) will take place on Mon, May 28th.
- AID TO LIFE INFANT/TODDLER CLASSES! Attached please find the ATLE Program Flyer and Sept 2012 Registration Form. Register early to avoid disappointment and remember to forward to friends and family. We have a new referral program so you could be the lucky recipient of a free home consultation ($200 value!).
- FREE DRESS DAY A reminder that tomorrow Fri, May 25th is Free Dress Day when students will not be required to wear a uniform but be free to choose what they wear to school. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair. Hats and gloves are not permitted in the classroom.
- MEMORY BOOKS will be on sale next week. The cost for each book is $40. Details to follow!
- FINANCIAL AID In an effort to recognize the needs of families and be consistent with other independent schools on the North Shore, the Board of Directors has approved the implementation of a Financial Aid Program for families with children in the elementary program. Any family that would like to make an application for financial aid can contact Tiffany for the required application forms. All information will be confidentially submitted and evaluated by a subcommittee of the Board. Applications for the 2012/13 school year need to be submitted by May 31, 2012. Attached please find Financial Aid Application – Single Residence and Financial Aid Application – Separate Residence.
- PARKING Pick-up and Drop-off is a busy time and our parking is limited. Please try to park with as little space between your vehicle and the next so that we can accommodate as many vehicles as possible. Thank you!
- CHILDRUN The big day is coming Sun, June 3rd. Following are a few important points: *ChildRun is located at 33rd & Heather, 5 blocks south of the hospital. The run starts at 9 am. *Feel that last-minute urge to join? Last-minute registration is available on site (but is usually crowded). *T-shirts will be delivered to North Star no later than Wednesday, May 30. I will let you know when you can pick them up – they will be on the bench in front of Tiffany’s office. *Our team will have a meeting place and a school sign on the ChildRun site in the School Teams area. The teams will be arranged alphabetically by school name. *Team photos will be taken between 8:15 and 8:30 sharp under the North Star sign. *To access free parking, please enter and exit through the hospital’s Heather Street entrance just south of West 28th Avenue, and then continue to the SE corner of the parking lots. Spots fill up quickly so you may need to find alternate parking. The event location is then just a few blocks up Heather Street (heading south) from Children’s Hospital at West 33rd Avenue & Heather Street. *Remember – walk, jog or run – it’s a fun event so pick whatever pace suits you. Attached please find the ChildRun Route Map *I look forward to seeing you there – email me if you have any questions! Brett Coyle [email protected].
- PARENT ED NIGHT Our last Casa Parent Ed night is taking place on Mon, May 28th. This will be a slideshow presentation “Looking Back on the Year”. Please sign up for attendance and childcare on the office bulletin board.
- KINDERGARTEN BIKING The Kindergarten students will be biking for PE beginning Tues, May 29th. Please complete the attached Biking Permission Form and ESC Adventures Waiver and return to the office on or before 8:30am Fri, May 25th. Please also find attached ESC Biking Info to help your child prepare.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY FIELDTRIP The Year 1-3 students will be going on a fieldtrip to Stanley Park on Mon, June 4th. Please complete the attached Stanley Park Permission Slip and return it on or before 8:30am Wed, May 30th.
- SUMMER CAMPS There are still a few spots left in our K to Year 5 Summer Camps. They are Birding Bonanza (July 3-6), Kitchen Chemist (July 16-20) and Gorilla Gardening (July 23-27). Please see Jeanne to register.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will have PE in-house next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will have PE in-house next week.