- CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL RACE The RBC Children’s Hospital Race is a little over a week away! Come join us on Sun, June 4th to walk/run in this fun family event! Details and our North Star Montessori team can be found at http://www.bcchf.ca/events/event-calendar/rbc-race-for-the-kids/. Simply click on “Get Involved”, “Register” and “Join an Existing Team”. Select “North Star Montessori” – password Parent2016. Hope to see everyone there!!!
- PANORAMA PHOTO is scheduled for Mon, May 29th, weather permitting. Afternoon Casa students please stop by at 10:30am if you would like to participate.
- MMUN STUDENT THANK YOU The MMUN students will be hosting a ‘Thank-you!’ evening on Mon, May 29th from 7:00-8:00pm. Please join us as the students present their speeches and share personal reflections on their experience.
- PYJAMA DAY AND PANCAKE BREAKFAST Reminder that our Pyjama Day and Pancake Breakfast is coming up on Fri, June 9th. Details to follow over the next couple of weeks!
- SCHOLASTIC ORDERS Reminder that Scholastic book orders are due on Mon, May 29th. This is the last Scholastic book order of the year!
- SAVE THE DATE for our Celebration of Learning taking place on Mon, June 12th (Casa) and Tues, June 13th (Elementary). More information will follow in the coming weeks.
- SUMMER TODDLER CLASSES (15-36 months) We are currently accepting applications for the July Toddler classes which run Tuesday through Friday, from 9:00-10:30am and 11:00-12:30pm. Please note that one make-up class will be honoured during this time for any absences due to travel, etc. To register for the summer session, please submit the attached summer registration form (along with payment) to the front office.
- EXTENDED-DAY PE The Extended-day students will have PE in-house next week.
- PIZZA DAY Reminder that Wed, May 31st is Pizza Day for those that ordered.
- TRACK MEET Reminder that school drop-off (8:40am) and pick-up (3:00-3:15pm) will be at West Vancouver Secondary School tomorrow Thurs, May 25th. Please refer to the email sent May 18th for important Track Meet information.
- TRACK MEET VOLUNTEERS Please refer to the email sent to volunteers for the volunteer schedule. Every attempt has been made to ensure parents will be able to see their child in most events. Please let Tiffany know if you have any questions about your volunteer role.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will have biking for PE next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will have PE in-house on Tuesday and Outdoor School on Thursday next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY OUTDOOR SCHOOL Reminder the departure time from Horseshoe Bay has been changed to 8:45am and therefore students should arrive between 8:20 and 8:30am. Late slips will not be issued for families that are also dropping off a child at North Star that morning.
- PIZZA DAY Reminder that Wed, May 31st is Pizza Day for those Lower Elementary students that ordered.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is Fri, May 26th. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 to their teacher upon entering the classroom first thing in the morning to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform. Students must wear appropriate footwear, clothes must be in good repair and hats/gloves are not permitted to be worn inside the classroom.
- STUDENT LEARNING GRANT North Star has received a one-time Student Learning Grant in the amount of $1,288.00 from the Ministry of Education for learning resources, supplies and equipment. North Star put these funds towards the purchase of 3 laptops for the Elementary Program.