- PROFESSIONAL DAY is tomorrow Fri, May 20th. Classes will not be in session.
- VICTORIA DAY is Mon, May 23rd. Classes will not be in session.
- LYNN VALLEY DAYS Lynn Valley Days will be taking place on Sat, May 28th. We will have an entry in this year’s parade and are looking for as many participants as possible to help increase exposure for our school. The sign-up sheet is posted on the office bulletin board. We ask that you please sign-up by Wednesday so that we can purchase an accurate number of “parade supplies”. Please see the sign posted on the front door for more information.
- MEMORY BOOK The 2010-2011 Memory Book will go on sale Tuesday morning. Thanks to advertising funds raised and a discount from the publisher, the cost of the book this year will be $37.00. They will be on sale next week only on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
- SUCCESS BEYOND BELIEF The winner of Tuesday’s draw for half off tuition at Lynn Sumida’s workshop was Wayne Young. Congratulations Wayne!
- RED CROSS FUNDRAISER $487.00 was raised from our Out of Uniform and Movie Night organized by Skye (Year 2 student). Awesome fundraising!
- AUXILIARY FORM REVISION Our Auxiliary Form requests a $500 cheque dated June 1, 2011. Please note that the cheque date should be June 1, 2012.
- KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will continue with track & field next week.
- CASE FIELDTRIP The Preschool and Kindergarten students will be going on a fieldtrip to the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre on Fri, May 27th. If you would like your child to attend, please complete the attached permission form and return it to Jeanne by 8:30am Tues, May 24th
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The Lower Elementary Group 2 students will continue with Mountain Biking. Your child will need a bicycle, a helmet and any other protective gear they may wear biking. The Lower Elementary Group 1 students will be hiking next week. Please ensure that your child wears the appropriate clothing for the weather including good hiking shoes, warm layers & a raincoat. We will require a Parent Volunteer for each afternoon (Tues & Thurs). Please let Jeanne know if you are able to assist.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The Upper Elementary students will be hiking for PE next Thurs, May 26th.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY FIELDTRIP The Upper Elementary students will be travelling to Victoria, via Nanaimo, to visit the BC Legislature Buildings on Tues, May 24th. Drop-off and pick-up will be at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal. Students will need to bring approximately $20.00 for breakfast and dinner on the ferry. Lunch will be provided.