- LONG WEEKEND Reminder that tomorrow Fri, May 16th is a Pro D Day and Mon, May 19th is Victoria Day. School will not be in session on either of these days.
- LYNN VALLEY DAYS is coming up on Sat, May 31st! Please join in the North Star parade entry! Bring your bicycle! Bring your stroller! Fun and laughs guaranteed! Further details on sign-up sheet posted on the office bulletin board. See you there!
- BCCH CHILDRUN It’s not too late to sign up for the annual BC Children’s Hospital Foundation ChildRun taking place on Sun, June 1. Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are welcome to register for either the 5K run or the 1K Fun Run. In order to register for the school team, please go to our team website: https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/team.cfm?Event=Childrun&Team=8204.
- AID TO LIFE Aid to Life Education is happy to inform you that we will be running a 7 week summer program at North Star! Classes will run from Wed, July 2nd until Fri, Aug 15th, four days per week. Some spaces still remain so contact Christie as soon as possible if you are interested. Registration for September Aid to Life is also happening at this time. Again, classes are filling up quickly so if you or someone you know is interested in attending, please pass on the attached information and registration form.
- AMI PRACTICUM STUDENT Welcome back to Lovneet Sandhu who will be practicing with Lalena and Fahra in the Sitka room until Fri, June 6th.
- KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will have PE in-house on Tuesday and continue with swimming on Thursday next week.
- HTHT The High Touch High Tech scientists will be here with their “Get Buggy” program on Wed, May 21st.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will be hiking for PE next week. Please complete and submit the attached permission form #1 and form #2 by 8:30am Tues, May 20th.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will be swimming on Tuesday and going to Margaret Fulton Day Centre/Hiking on Thursday next week. Please complete and submit the attached permission form and submit to the front desk by 8:30am Tues, May 20th.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is next Fri, May 23rd. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 towards DEBRA (into the jar at the front desk) to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform.