- 2014-15 TUITION PAYMENTS Reminder that payments for the 2014-15 academic year are due today Thurs, May 1st. Please ensure you submit payment, along with your invoice, today.
- FUNDRAISING EVENT: It’s finally here! Our much anticipated LAST fundraising event of the year at the Two Lions is this Sat, May 3rd at 6:00pm. Tickets are still on sale in the front lobby of North Star. Don’t forget to purchase your raffle tickets for the Gourmet Basket or Art Canvas’ – there’s one from each classroom! Tickets are $5 for 1 or $10 for 3. Good luck and have fun everyone!
- MOJA MONDAY Our next Moja Monday is scheduled for this Mon, May 5th! Maria Wentzel will be in our lobby to help start your day with a delicious cup of hot Moja coffee as well as bags for purchase. Enjoy!
- LOST AND FOUND The lost and found bin will be sorted on Fri, May 9th and any items not claimed will be donated to charity. Please ensure that you take a moment to look through the lost and found bin before this time.
- IMPORTANT REMINDERS
- Parking for parents who drop off at 8:15am to please leave as quickly as possible after drop off so that parking is available for parents arriving for the 8:30am drop off. This is part of the reason for our staggered start times. If you plan to stay longer in the morning please park further down the street so that spaces directly beside the school are available for the next group of parents. Please do not double park or park at the end of the cul-du-sac as this makes it difficult for others to turn around at the end of the street.
- Reporting Illness we are required by Vancouver Coastal Health to track all student illness, including symptoms. If your child is home ill please remember to call and advise us of the absence as well as the symptoms. Please provide us with this information via telephone (not email) so that all admin staff are able to access this information.
- Outside Patio licensing requires our outside patio be cleared immediately following both morning and afternoon dismissals. We encourage you to use the local park if you wish to play after class. Thank you everyone for your co-operation on all of the above!
- BCCH CHILDRUN As is tradition at North Star, we have entered a team in the annual BC Children’s Hospital Foundation ChildRun taking place on Sun, June 1. Throughout the years, this event has brought an increasing number of our families together in support of childhood cancer research and treatment in our province. Come and join us this year to make it an even more successful fundraiser! Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are welcome to register for either the 5K run or the 1K Fun Run. In order to register for the school team, please go to our team website: https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/team.cfm?Event=Childrun&Team=8204.
Please see the “All Families” section and check back next week for Casa specific information!
- KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will continue with martial arts and swimming next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will continue with martial arts next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will continue with swimming and Zumba next week.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is tomorrow Fri, May 2nd. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 towards DEBRA (into the jar at the front desk) to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform.