- CELEBRATION OF LEARNING will take place tomorrow evening Fri, June 8th from 6:00-7:00pm for Casa, K and Years 1-5. The Year 6&7 students held their MMUN Presentation instead. Casa – parents may sign-up for a timeslot of 6:00-6:30pm or 6:30-7:00pm. Sign-up sheets are posted on the office bulletin board. Lower Elementary – parents are welcome to drop-in anytime between 6:00 and 7:00pm. Students will be required to attend for the entire hour. All parents should read the following COL Information Letter before attending.
- OPEN HOUSE Our final Open House is taking place on Wed, June 13th from 4:00-7:00pm. Please feel free to pass it along to friends and family!
- MEMORY BOOKS Tomorrow is the last day to purchase a Memory Book! The cost for each book is $40 and the deadline for payment is tomorrow. We will be placing the order on Saturday and therefore unable to accommodate late requests.
- LOST & FOUND Our Lost & Found bin is overflowing! Please take a couple of minutes to look through and see if anything belongs to your family. Any items left at the end of next week (Fri, May 15th) will be donated to charity. Thanks!
- FAIR & FUNDRAISER will take place on Sat, June 16th from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Bring your friends and family for some food & fun. Admin will be contacting people needing to complete auxiliary hours. A sign-up sheet for all other volunteers will be posted next week.
- YEAR END PICNIC will take place at Cates Park from 12:00 to 3:00pm on Wed, June 20th. A sign-up sheet for potluck items will be on the office bulletin board beginning next week.
- PNE TICKETS For the second year the PNE will not be sending a free entrance ticket home in elementary school report cards across the province. Instead, children 13 and under (A maximum of five (5) children aged 13 and under) will be admitted free per one paying adult throughout each day of the Fair. Please visit www.pne.ca in early July for further information and details on the 2012 Fair entertainment program featuring hundreds of free with admission shows, exhibits and attractions for guests of all ages.
- KINDERGARTEN YEAR END LUNCH The Kindergarten children will be going to White Spot to enjoy a meal together on Fri, June 15th. This will be a splendid opportunity for them to demonstrate their manners and independence from ordering to paying the bill. Please complete and return the attached White Spot Permission Form and return it to the front office by Mon, June 11th.
- KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will have PE in-house for the remainder of the school year.
- BOWEN ISLAND The UE students will be traveling to Bowen Island on Thurs, June 14th. The reason for our trip is to visit Island Pacific School and watch the Gr. 9 year end presentations on a variety of topics. It will be a great opportunity for the students to observe and learn how to prepare and present larger pieces of work. We will be watching the first few presentations of the day, followed by a picnic lunch and some geo-caching. The students will need to meet at the foot passenger entrance at the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal at 7:45 am. We will be returning to Horseshoe Bay for 3:30. Students will need to be picked up in Horseshoe Bay by 3:45. Please ensure your child is wearing their regular school uniform and has packed a bagged lunch.
- UPPER & LOWER ELEMENTARY PE All Elementary students will have PE in-house for the remainder of the school year.
- FREE DRESS DAY A reminder that Fri, June 15th is Free Dress Day when students will not be required to wear a uniform but be free to choose what they wear to school. Please keep in mind that students must wear appropriate footwear and clothes must be in good repair. Hats and gloves are not permitted in the classroom.
- SUMMER CAMPS There are still a few spots left in our K to Year 5 Summer Camps. They are Birding Bonanza (July 3-6), Kitchen Chemist (July 16-20) and Gorilla Gardening (July 23-27). Please see Jeanne to register.