- NORTH STAR ANNUAL FUNDRAISER Mark your calendars for Sat, Feb 4th and join the fundraising team & parent community at The Narrows Pub for a Cocktail & Appetizer Social from 6:00–10:00pm. Tickets will be on sale for $30.00 each or $50.00 per couple and include light appetizers and a house drink. Keep your eye out as well for our Silent Auction, Wine Wall (super fun) and 50/50 Draw!!! Tickets will be on sale at the front office every Mon, Wed & Fri beginning Mon, Jan 23rd. This event is open to family & friends so feel free to bring them along!
- WINE WALL Once again this year we will be featuring the always popular Wine Wall on the night of the fundraiser. In order to make this fan favourite and evening highlight a success, we would like to ask each family to kindly donate 1 (or 2) bottles of white or red wine. As a point of reference the average donation is roughly $18/bottle. We will set up empty boxes at the front office for your donations. Thanks everyone!
- OPEN HOUSE Our next open house for Casa is scheduled for Wed, Feb 1st from 4:00-7:00pm. Spread the word to friends and family! It’s a great opportunity for new families to come meet the teachers and see inside the classrooms! Brooke will be in the Lower Elementary class too so if you’re considering the Elementary Program, this is a good opportunity to get some one-on-one time with an Elementary Teacher.
- THE CARD PROJECT Ordering is now closed for The Card Project. Thank you to everyone who placed an order… we raised $295.00!!!
- PRO D DAY is scheduled for tomorrow Fri, Jan 27th. Classes will not be in session.
- CASA FAMILIES WELCOME You are welcome to attend the Infant & Toddler Parent Discovery Night scheduled for Wed, Feb 8th from 6:30-8:30pm when Courtney Hall will be here from Sleepdreams Professional Sleep Consultants. Courtney is a Registered Occupational Therapist and mother of two who practices paediatric occupational therapy and the study of sensory integration and its impact on sleep. Topics discussed will include common sleep problems & solutions, 5 areas of good sleep habits and strategies used to address sleep disturbances. There will also be time set aside for Q&A. Please confirm attendance by signing up on the sheet posted outside of the Infant & Toddler classroom.
- EXTENDED-DAY KINDERGARTEN PE The Extended-day K students will be in-house on Tuesday and have dance on Thursday for PE next week. Please complete and submit the attached permission form on or before Mon, Jan 30th.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The Lower El students will continue with skating for PE next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The Upper El students will be tubing & snowshoeing on Tuesday and have dance on Thursday for PE next week. Please complete and submit the attached Tubing/Snowshoeing and Dance permission forms and submit on or before Mon, Jan 30th.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is Fri, Feb 3rd. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 to their teacher upon entering the classroom first thing in the morning to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform. Students must wear appropriate footwear, clothes must be in good repair and hats/gloves are not permitted to be worn inside the classroom.
- AFTER SCHOOL ART Reminder that the next session of After School Art begins on Fri, Feb 3rd for those that registered.