Hi Everyone and Happy Spring!
I hope you all enjoyed the break. It’s nice to be back and see everyone. Following is all the news for this week…
- PRO D DAY This Fri, April 9th is a Pro D Day. Classes will not be in session. Enjoy your long weekend!
- NEW STUDENT WELCOME Please join us in welcoming Molly Awde and her Mother, Nathalie to North Star. Molly is in Kindergarten with Hanako. Please take a moment to introduce yourself and say hello.
- TUITION PAYMENTS Reminder that tuition payments for the 2011-12 academic year are due May 1st.
- AID TO LIFE will be running its final Parent Infant and Parent Toddler session starting the first week of May until the middle of June. Friday classes are back by popular demand! Register early to avoid disappointment. Forms can be picked up at the front desk and are due by Wed, April 13th.
- OPEN HOUSE If you have friends or family looking for Preschool or Kindergarten for September, our next Open House will be held on Wed, April 13th from 4:00-7:00pm.
- PARENT ED NIGHT is coming up on Mon, April 18th. Topics covered will be 3-4 Years: Language & Math in the Early Years, 4.5-5 Years: Reading & Writing, LE – Reading & Writing and UE – Reading, Writing & Technology.
- RED CROSS FUNDRAISER FOR JAPAN Fri, April 15th is pizza and movie night for Lower Elementary and Kindergarten students and we hope you can come! Admission is $8 – Skye & Mia will be collecting at the front desk each day after school.
- All students are invited to donate a minimum of $2.00 to wear Easter colours for Out of Uniform day and of course anyone is invited to make a donation in any amount to the Red Cross.
- EARTH DAY BOOK SWAP This year North Star will be holding a lunchtime ‘Book Swap’ on Thurs, April 21st to celebrate Earth Day. Stay tuned for more details coming out early next week.
- 2010-11 YEARBOOK Although the deadline has passed to submit your advertising sponsorship form for the 2010-2011 Yearbook, late entries will still be accepted.
- WALL STREET JOURNAL ARTICLE Ideas Market posted this article on April 5th entitled “The Montessori Mafia” discussing Montessori education and innovative thinking. This article can be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser. Copies will also be available at the front desk.
- AFTER SCHOOL CARE There are still spots available for 2011-12 After School Care. This generally fill quickly so if you are interested please see Jeanne at the front desk.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The Upper Elementary will continue with tennis at the North Shore Winter Club.
Casa & Kindergarten
- STORYOGA We are now up to 4 participants in the Storyoga however still require 2 more to move ahead with this session. We have postponed the start date to Thurs, April 14th so if your child is interested in attending please register as soon as possible so that we can move ahead with this fun and engaging program.