- SCHOOL PANORAMA PHOTO The school panorama photo will be taken on Mon, May 25th at 9:30am. Afternoon Casa students please arrive at 9:15am. If it is raining on May 25th then the photo day will be moved to Mon, June 8th.
- GARAGE SALE Final call for any garage sale items for our event on Saturday at 10:00am. For those of you with big items, please bring them down to the school at 9:00am on Saturday morning… smaller items can be brought into the school before Friday. Any parents wishing to donate baked goods that we can sell, we would really appreciate it. Either bring it on Friday or on Saturday morning. This is going to be a fun event, so feel free to come down and enjoy some sun! Thank you from The Fundraising Team!
- CHILDRUN Dear North Star Families… It’s not too late to sign-up for the annual BC Children’s Hospital Foundation ChildRun taking place on Sun, May 31st! This event has brought an increasing number of our families together in support of childhood cancer research and treatment in our province. Come and join us this year to make it an even more successful fundraiser. Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are welcome to register for either the 5K Run or the 1K Fun Run (walking with strollers is permitted). In order to register for the school team, please go to the following website: https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/team.cfm?Event=Childrun&Team=9416 and click on “Join Team”. Thank you, Silvina Moscato
- AID TO LIFE is now registering for the summer session!!! Classes will run for 7 weeks from July 6th-August 21st. Registration is done on a first-come first-served basis and classes fill quickly so please pass along to friends & family. If you would like to register simply complete and submit the attached registration form along with payment.
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS Reminder that Scholastic book orders are due tomorrow Fri, May 1st!
- PRO D DAY Reminder of upcoming Pro D Day on Fri, May 15th and Victoria Day on Mon, May 18th. School will not be in session on either of these days.
- TWO LIONS FUNDRAISER is coming up on Sat, May 23rd at 6:00pm!!! This is our last event of the year! Let’s make it a huge success. Tickets will be $25.00 each and includes a drink & appetizer. Ticket sales begin Mon, May 4th. As part of the event, we will be doing another wine wall. Please drop off a bottle of red/white wine at the front office. We are also kindly asking if you know of anyone that can donate an item to our silent auction table… we would really appreciate it. Thank you from The Fundraising Team!
- MSC COMMUNICATION PRESENTATION As the President of the Montessori Society of Canada, Tiffany will be hosting their AGM on Sat, May 9th. Keynote speaker Karen Elliott will be presenting on the topic of Clear, Compassionate Communication from 10:00am-12:00pm and it is open to parents, teachers and staff. Please see the attached or check the office bulletin board for further information.
- PRACTICUM STUDENTS Our AMI students, Anna Choi (Sitka) and Michelle Khao (Cypress) will be here doing their practicum from now until May 15th.
Extended Day Kindergarten
- KINDERGARTEN PE Kindergarten students will be having PE in-house next week.
- BIKING REMINDER K students will begin biking for PE on Tues, May 19th. This is advanced notice to ensure all students will be prepared with a bicycle and well-fitted helmet. Training wheels are not permitted so please remove for the first session. The instructors are prepared to get those who currently ride with training wheels on the move!
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will be practicing for their Track & Field Meet next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will be practicing for their Track & Field Meet next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY OUTDOOR SCHOOL Mark your calendars! The UE students will be going to Camp Latona departing Mon, June 1st returning Wed, June 3rd. Information and cost was emailed to UE parents earlier today.
- AFTER SCHOOL ART A reminder for those students that are registered, the next session of After School Art begins tomorrow Fri, May 1st.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is next week Fri, May 8th. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 to their teacher upon entering the classroom first thing in the morning to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform. Students must wear appropriate footwear, clothes must be in good repair and hats are not permitted to be worn inside the classroom.