- 2014-15 TUITION PAYMENTS Reminder that payments for the 2014-15 academic year are due on Thurs, May 1st. Please submit payment, along with your invoice, to administration on or before this date.
- FUNDRAISING EVENT: It’s almost here! Our much anticipated LAST fundraising event of the year at the Two Lions on Sat, May 3rd at 6:00pm. The school would like to extend our tickets sales to family and friends of North Star parents. Tickets are $25 which includes appetizers and a drink. This event will also include a silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and Wine Wall raffle, as well as a night of fun and dancing. So come and enjoy a night out with the North Star parents, there will be lots of opportunity to win and support our school. Tickets are on sale now in the front lobby of North Star, get them while you can. Fundraising Raffle: For the week of April 28 – May 2 the lobby of North Star Montessori will be a buzz with raffle items on display. There will be a Gourmet Basket raffle on display as well as Art Canvas’ that each classroom has been working hard at creating to raise funds for our last Fundraising event. Pre buy your tickets in the lobby next week for your chance to win. Not able to attend the event? No worries! Keep your ticket and the winner will be notified after the event. Tickets will be $5 for 1 or $10 for 3 – Good luck parents!
- REPORTING ILLNESS A quick reminder that we are required by Vancouver Coastal Health to track all student illness, including symptoms. If your child is home ill please remember to call and advise us of the absence as well as the symptoms. Please provide us with this information via telephone (not email) so that all admin staff are able to access this information. Thank you!
- PARKING ISSUES Just a quick reminder for parents who drop off at 8:15am to please leave as quickly as possible after drop off so that parking is available for parents arriving for the 8:30am drop off. This is part of the reason for our staggered start times. If you plan to stay longer in the morning please park further down the street so that spaces directly beside the school are available for the next group of parents. Thank you for your co-operation!
- EARTH DAY INITIATIVE Reminder that the Green Team is collecting worn out rubber-soled running shoes until tomorrow at 11:30am. The shoes will be taken to NIKE in Park Royal where they turn them into court material. Running shoes only please. NO BOOTS, SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS OR DRESS SHOES.
- PRACTICUM STUDENT Please welcome Lovneet Sandhu, our new practicum student! Lovneet will be observing in the Sitka room from April 24-28 and will return for her practicum period from May 20th to June 6th.
- PARENT DISCOVERY EVENING: Discovering Math the Montessori Way The deadline for registration to attend and for childcare is tomorrow at 3:30pm.
- QUESTIONS If you are attending the Parent Discovery Night, don’t forget to submit your questions to the yellow box on Jeanne’s desk by the end of day tomorrow!
- KINDERGARTEN PE The Kindergarten students will continue with martial arts and swimming next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will continue with martial arts next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will continue with swimming lessons on Tuesday next week. They will be taking Zumba at the Fitness Well on Thursday. Please sign and return the attached permission form by 8:30am Mon April 28th.
- FREE DRESS DAY Our next Free Dress Day is tomorrow Fri, April 25th. Students donate a minimum of $1.00 towards DEBRA (into the jar at the front desk) to wear their choice of clothing rather than the school uniform.