- EARTH WEEK This week is Earth Week and various “Green Activities” are taking place in the school.
PHOTO RE-TAKES A reminder for those that missed our last Memory Book photo date, re-takes will be held the morning of Wed, April 25th.
SUMMER CAMPS Attached please find the overview and registration form for North Star’s Casa Summer Camps . Registration for our Elementary Camps has now closed. If you missed it but are still interested in registering please contact Jeanne asap. At this point we do not have sufficient enrollment to move ahead with a few camps and will need to decide by the end of the week.
CAKE WALK Mark your calendars for Sat, June 16th! Open to families and friends of North Star, our Year-end Fair & FUNdraiser will include among other things – a Cake Walk! If you love to bake and wish to contribute a cake to the cake walk, please sign up on the sheet posted on the office bulletin board.
CHILDRUN Are you ready to run? North Star has been entering a team in the Children’s Hospital ChildRun for several years now, and we’re doing it again this year! It’s a 5 km walk/run on Sunday, June 3rd near Children’s Hospital that is fun, great exercise for people of any age or fitness level, and an opportunity to support a wonderful charity. If you would like to join us this year, early registration deadline is April 15, so follow the instructions below to register. Last year we had a great turnout of over 25 people. Come out and enjoy a great experience with other North Star students, family and friends. Register at: http://bcchf.ca/events/events-calendar/childrun/ Click on Register>select No (unless you were a member last year and know your registration information)>Join an Existing Team>scroll down to North Star Montessori team, and enter your personal information. Further details to come! Please email Brett (Liam and Ryan’s dad) at [email protected] with any questions in the meantime.
- Drop off clean, used runners to be recycled into court and playground material.
- Bring in a miscellaneous item from home (perhaps something you are not sure can be recycled) and bring it to the “recycling angel” at the Fair to find out whether it can be recycled or reused.
- Wear blue and green to school on Friday.
- Attend the Earth Day Fair & Swap Friday from 11:20am to 12:45pm.
- See informative displays and interactive activities.
- Participate in the item swap – bring a minimum of 2 gently used, age appropriate CHILDREN’S items such as books, dvds & cds and puzzles & games to the collection box at the front office and in return you can pick ONE item to take home. If you donate more than 3 (10 max) you may choose 2 items.
- Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!
- KINDERGARTEN PE The K students will be doing Yoga for PE next week.
- NORTHWEST WILDLIFE will be visiting the Casa classrooms the morning of Fri, April 27th.
- PARENT ED NIGHT Our next Parent Ed Night will be held on Mon, April 23rd. First Year Families – come and use Practical Life and Sensorial Materials! Learn how preparing the environment on these areas supports your child’s independence and brain development. Parents of 4 & 5 Year Olds – what makes learning math in a Montessori School so much fun? Come and learn how children experience the math materials in a Montessori classroom. Sign-up sheets for attendance and childcare will be posted on the office bulletin board next week.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will be doing Yoga for PE next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The Year 4 & 5 students will be bowling for PE next week. Please complete the attached Bowling Permission Form and return to the office by Mon, April 23rd.