- CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL RACE Please come join us to walk/run in the RBC Children’s Hospital Race on Sun, Jun 4th. This is an event that’s fun for the WHOLE family! Event details and our North Star Montessori team can be found at http://www.bcchf.ca/events/event-calendar/rbc-race-for-the-kids/. Simply click on “Get Involved”, “Register” and “Join an Existing Team”. Select “North Star Montessori” – password Parent2016. Please contact Maria Wentzel if you have any questions.
- OPEN HOUSE Our next Open House for prospective families is scheduled for Wed, April 19th from 4:00-7:00pm! If you have friends or neighbours who might be interested in Montessori preschool, please let them know.
- EASTER HOURS Reminder that tomorrow Fri, April 14th is Good Friday and Mon, April 17th is Easter Monday. School will not be in session.
- SPUD LUNCHES Reminder that our Spud lunch program begins next Wed, April 19th. Thanks to everyone for your feedback! We will be sending out information for our next session of lunches soon.
- OUT OF UNIFORM WACKY HAIR DAY Get out your craziest ribbons, bows, gels and colours because Wacky Hair Day is coming up on Fri, April 28th!
- PARENT DISCOVERY EVENING Please mark your calendars for Tues, April 25th from 6:30-7:30pm for Christie’s talk on “Supporting your Toddler in the Home Environment”. On this evening we will discuss room set-up (bedroom/playroom/kitchen/etc.) and how the functioning of space can lead to greater independence and cooperation from your toddler. There will also be time to discuss the importance of routines, positive discipline, and any other questions you may have! Please confirm attendance by signing up on the bulletin board outside the Infant & Toddler classroom.
- SPORTBALL The North Shore Winter Club has included the ever popular Sportball in their Spring Programming and there is a 12:00 noon class on Tuesdays that correlates with our 11:30am Casa dismissal! Please find attached a copy of the Spring Brochure for your reference. Copies are also available for pick-up at the front desk of the NSWC.
- PRACTICUM STUDENTS We welcome back our practicum students Amy (Sitka) and Christina (Cypress) who will be in the Casa classrooms from Thurs, April 20th to Fri, May 12th.
- EXTENDED-DAY PE The Extended-day students will have PE in-house on Tuesday and Sportball on Thursday next week.
- HIGH TOUCH HIGH TECH The Extended-day students will participate in the “Newton in a Nutshell” workshop with a High Touch High Tech scientist on Fri, April 21st.
- LOWER ELEMENTARY PE The LE students will have PE in-house on Tuesday and Sportball on Thursday next week.
- UPPER ELEMENTARY PE The UE students will continue with swimming for PE next week.
- UE OUTDOOR SCHOOL The Upper Elementary students will be travelling to Camp Latona from Wed, May 31st to Fri, June 2nd. Please see the attached permission form, Map, and packing list for further information. Permission forms and payment are due by Mon, May 15th.